Amanda
Amanda asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 4 weeks ago

Was this unfair of her teacher to do this?

My sister is in 3rd grade. The other day, her class was sitting on the rug during Social Studies (or History) and they brought their textbooks with them. During the lesson, her teacher asked a question [ya know: to test their knowledge, not to gain knowledge for herself out of curiosity]. Her teacher called on a girl who didn't raise her hand. The first girl she called on was like, "Um, uh…" We presume the first girl her teacher called on had no clue what the answer was. Then her teacher called my sister's name and asked the same question. After my sister lightly shrugged, my teacher ordered her to go back to her seat and find the answer to the question in her textbook.

After the teacher was done with another student, she asked my sister that same question again after my sister returned to the rug.

It was unfair of her teacher to order her to go back to her seat and find the answer to the question in her textbook. The teacher should have ordered both the first girl and your sister to go back to their seats and find the answer to the question in the textbook or the teacher shouldn't have ordered either one of them.

• Darla

It's a method of teaching. She held her cool. 

I hate teachers