foggy headlights covers on a 2003 Honda Goldwing can they be replaced or polished?

I have a 2003 Honda 1800 Goldwing and the plastic over the head light is foggy where can I purchase new ones or is there a way to polish them to remove the foggy look

Do a Internet search. Find headlights for your bike that are made of glass, not plastic !

Personally, I won't have a vehicle with pastiche headlights. They fog up, they turn yellow, fill with water........in other words, junk.

Check out brother, or sister, that polishing, either with or without solvent, will take away the lens its UV protective layer when not already the degrading took care of that. So in that headlight polishing set should be a small bottle of UV protector. Then try polishing any plastic with brass polishing compound and treat old plastic with furniture polish on an oil basis. You'll learn to restore most old plastics to practically new.

Mequire's makes a good headlight restoration kit that works for a couple years before needing to treat the plastic again.

Try G3 professional paint restorer on you headlight covers. I did this on my sister's Ford Fusion and the results were amazing after only a few minutes with just a microcloth.

• adam

there are several products that get rid of that dull foggy look you will find in any auto parts store. rain X, blue magic,are two that I know of. Apply and wipe off. Simple stuff. 

Use Brasso silver cleaner.

Use fine polishing compound. Your choice, dude.

• ?

Trivial.  Many brands of plastic cleaners.   One that I used in '03....