Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 4 weeks ago

Why would my doctor do this?

My doctor prescribed me an antidepressant(lexapro)& told me we would meet in 6weeks to see how the medication is working. My script was only 15 pills & 10mg no refills. For the first two weeks .5mg & after take the full 10mg. So, 22 days later I'm out of my medication & still have a couple of weeks to go before my next appointment. I'm confused why it would be set up for me to not continue taking the medication until I meet with him again...

There is no reason why your doctor would do that. It sounds like the doctor made a mistake and either didn’t give you enough pills to last you for the six weeks or he made a mistake in telling you when he wanted you to come back in for a follow-up appointment to see how the medication was working for you. Call the doctor’s office and let them know that you will be out of medication in twenty-two days but that the doctor wanted to see you in six weeks and ask them what the doctor would like to do.

• Mike

Call the doctor and ask him.

It takes 4-6 weeks for Lexapro to work and if you stop taking it for more than a few days that time resets. You should have realised days ago that you were going to run out early and made an effort to contact your doctor's office. Doctors are only human and make mistakes but you're obviously old enough to take responsibility for your own health and make that phone call. What's the point in going to see your doctor after 6 weeks to see if the tablets are working if you aren't taking them? Sitting there and smugly telling the doctor that he didn't prescribe you enough tablets isn't going to make your condition improve and it's a waste of the doctor's time. Do you want to get better?

CALL them, we have no idea and certainly cant get you more. Could have been an oversight on the refills. SO CALL