Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

Can somebody advise what this is and how to help it to go?

I am wondering if anyone can help. I have attached a picture below of my ankles. Over time blisters have scarred and my ankles have become very dark and this hard skin has formed on the back of both of my ankles but is worse on one as pictured and is now becoming slightly painful when waking/ driving. My feet are always quite cold to touch and my circulation is not great in my feet so not sure if this makes it look worse. I currently use bio oil on my ankles to try and reduce the darkness but if anyone has any ideas of what this is/ ways to get this to reduce I would be grateful. 

Thank you. 

Update:

I wear loafers most of the week at work that are not tight as far as I am concerned ?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

you need to wear socks

• 3 weeks ago

They are calluses caused by wearing ill fitting shoes.

• 4 weeks ago

Haglund's deformity.  the Achille's tendon is pulling the bone from the calcaneus.  See a Podiatrist.

• 1 month ago

-As others have already said...get shoes that fit correctly. My question, do you wear socks?  If you wear shoes while barefoot, this can happen.  If you wear shoes with nylons, this can happen.  Try knee or crew socks that have acrylic and/or cotton in them.  Make sure the socks are not too thick.

Source(s): Life
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

First and foremost, these areas are a clear sign that you have and continue to wear shoes that don't fit you.  STOP IT.  Find other shoes. Throw away the shoes that are doing this to your heals.

It would be a good idea for you to see a doctor, particularly if you are experiencing poor circulation.  

• 1 month ago

Looks more like huge corns than blisters.

Generally caused by poorly fitting shoes.

With the other is SD ues you have listed, I would be concerned about an underlying condition such as diabetes.

See your doctor and get checked then see a podiatrist for advice.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

could be a defense against a pair of shoes or sandles that you wear a lot that DON'T fit ........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.