Why weren't the officers charged with Breonna Taylor's death?

The boyfriend fired ONE SHOT and his charges were dismissed. Seemingly defending his right to do so.

The officers fired 32 rounds. Mostly MISSING the boyfriend and even shooting into other apartments. But, hitting the Taylor who, incidentally was the subject of the warrant, several times. 

Return fire? They sprayed the entire room. Not caring who they hit. 

@Bruce

It wasn't seconds. He had time to call 911 and report that "someone shot [his gf]" before he ended up being arrested. I don't know what shoot out ever ended up being just one shot. 

• james

In truth I don't think they can be. They had a warrant to serve.  True it was a illegal warrant.  But that goes above them.  Who ever ask for said warrant & did not double check it made the mistake.  That person is guilty of murder.  Be it the judge or other above the street cops.  So who ever was in charge of this mess up needs fired fast. 

Because YOU VOTED THE SAME OLD PEOPLE IN OFFICE YER AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR and Never replaced the career politicians with younger people th CHANGE THE LAWS.. YOU need to vote OUT EVERYONE who has been in OFFICE FOR MORE THAN TWO TERMS and replace them with people who want change.

Cause the victim wasn't blonde and blue eyed.  Come on, y'all know that, you know we 3/5ths of a person according to the Constitution.  We ain't had no justice here for over 400 years.

That's why we stay screaming BLACK LIVES MATTER!

She let her dope man stay in her apartment. He has a long criminal record. Don’t let the dope man stay in your apartment. When you shoot the police, they shoot back. It’s really pretty simple. 

all it takes is one shot to release the firestorm of bullets. its how they have been trained at the academy.

I thought the warrant was for Taylor's ex-boyfriend who had given police her address.

• God

The Grand Jury is a secret body that does what the prosecutor tells them to do.  The police are not accountable for their actions in the US.

• Bruce

I suspect the reason he only fired one shot is because they returned fire. At that point, he probably realized they were police officers. 

They may have returned 32 shots, but it happened immediately.  You've had two months to think about it, they had less than two seconds. 

Update: I never said the whole thing was over in seconds, I said the shots were fired in seconds. Read it again. 

The boyfriend shot a police officer 

The police returned fire