Is it possible for someone to put a tracker on your phone to know where you are?
Basically, this guy I know seems to always know where I am when I have not even told him, I went away a couple of weeks ago and he seemed to know where I went. Last year I took another trip and he knew exactly where I was the only thing I could think of that he has some kind of tracker on my phone is this possible?
- Anonymous3 weeks ago
in a word, yes..................................
- Christin KLv 74 weeks ago
Have you looked at your phone? Turn off your GPS location feature. If he has any sort of app that tracks friends, that's the only way he could be doing it. Turning off your GPS will keep him from tracking you that way. ALSO--block his number.
- walmeisLv 74 weeks ago
There are several ways he could be identifying where you are:
1) An app loaded on your smartphone, either which he added, a friend added, or you did (maybe) without realizing it. Titles include "Find My Phone", "Phone Tracker", "Family Locator", "Phone Number Tracker", etc. Apps like these access the GPS position of the phone and send it to another phone, website, etc. The Android store has hundreds of such apps.
2) You are making use of a service which somehow indicates where you are. For example, if you have your phone camera app set to automatically upload photos and perhaps he is permitted to see those: so he inspects the GPS data within the photos. Or looks at the photo images and determines where they were taken.
3) If you make social media posts, perhaps you are providing clues about your location.
4) Maybe some combination of these. For example, if your phone is configured to report your location to your friend, maybe the guy is talking to your friend?
- RickLv 64 weeks ago
most have their GPS transmitters ON unless YOU TURN THEM OFF ............................
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- RichardLv 61 month ago
What do you think GPS is?
- River EuphratesLv 71 month ago
You might want to consider backing up anything (pics, etc.) off your phone and doing a factory reset on it.
If he keeps showing up, then report him to the police and get a restraining order against him.
- Chris AncorLv 71 month ago
The NCIS mob do it all the time.
- John AldenLv 71 month ago
There are apps for this yes, or you shared your location with him through Google maps........
- MurzyLv 71 month ago
absolutely possible .
- SandyLv 71 month ago
did you put on social media where you were going. yeah, it's more than a coincidence and it's creepy. have your phone checked out.