5 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Salary could be zero . Net worth has nothing  to do with salary 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hmm, well, if I had that much net worth, I might not work for a salary at all. I could invest the money and live off the interest. I would not be living "like a king," but I could get along pretty nicely -- even a low-paying package of government and corporate bonds paying a measly 2% would yield 252,000 pounds a year, which doesn't suck much.

Now, if your 12 mil is tied up in illiquid assets like land and a rickety old "stately home" that once belonged to the Duke of Fuxxex back in the middle ages and has no electricity or indoor plumbing, then maybe you do need a day job.

• Net worth has nothing to do with your take home salary.  There's no relationship.  Net worth is how much you're worth (property, savings, investments) in terms of financial terms.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

An individual's 'net worth' is simply the value that is left after subtracting liabilities from assets. Examples of liabilities (debt) include mortgages, credit card balances, student loans, and car loans...... so 'net worth' is not about wages earned...... it is adding up EVERYTHING they own minus debts they have....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Someone with that kind of money probably does not have a salary.  They typically own a successful business or make it off of investments.  Or perhaps it was inherited.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.