How to keep my computer warm overnight if its stored in a back room in the cold? Covering it overnight with an emergency thermal blanket?

The computer will be in a back room where it can get cold overnight. How should I protect it to keep it warm or atleast not freezing? Ideally not spending outrageous money. A thermal blanket overnight while it is off is the best I can think of. Any suggestions? 

• Tavy

Love it, blankets on a computer. I live in the middle of nowhere, really cold at night. My computers over 15 years have been fine.

Strange idea.

UK

Hot & cold cycles are likely to cause condensation, and if it's a dusty back room there may be dust which will then turn to mud on the components. Cold starts will stress a hard drive too. Why not put an electric oil radiator in there and leave it on low so that the room never freezes.  A Dessiciant dehumidifier left on auto might help just as much.