Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 2 months ago

atheist answers preferred: how long was resurrection in the bible?

I need help, an answer from someone who is not indoctrinated by religion who can see it for what it says and not what someone told them to help me with this. 

@Discipledave(dot)com

yes i want people who don't believe in the bible to answer the question this is a chance to prove a contradiction if there is one.. maybe even a chance to expose the lies of Christianity.. bite me

@ r.wolfpaw how do you know? 

• Paul

Let me get his straight ... you want information on a particular subject ... but not from anyone who knows anything about the subject ... only from those who are ignorant of it. Do I have that right? In case you actually want some factual information, the Resurrection of Jesus has been in the Bible every since the Bible was first created by the bishops of the Catholic Church, in the mid-fourth Century.

• kswck2

Religion is just a crutch for the weak minded. 

As I recollect it, 6 weeks on Earth after Jesus left the tomb before he was taken up top in the 'Ascension'. That is why Whitsun is 6 weeks after Easter.

The Bible says that he rose from the tomb on the third day. But I always thought that was a bit of a cheat when I was growing up.  He died on Friday afternoon, and was resurrected very early on Sunday morning, so surely that was less than two days actually 'dead'? 

I'm familiar with the Bible, but I'm not certain what you're asking.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're asking how much time passed between the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus.  If so, the traditional interpretation is that the Crucifixion occurred on Friday afternoon, with Jesus dying (much sooner than expected) before sundown Friday.  

His body was then taken down and placed in Joseph of Arimathea's tomb, where it remained until sometime shortly after dawn Sunday morning.  At which time he was resurrected.  Having spent about 36 hours "dead."

I'm an atheist, but I never read novels / fairy tales like the one you mentioned on here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Jenny

Id say about 3 minutes 

Source(s): I'm a lying atheist
  • Ronald

You'll have to ask an expert on the supernatural that one...sorry..

Short answer. It never happened. So time = 0.

Edit; same reason I know that Horus didn't resurrect from the dead and that Gandalf didn't neither. Gods are imaginary. Made up stuff.

So let me see if i understand your logic here. You want people who don't believe in God or the Bible, to answer Bible questions for you. Really? Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid? if you did, that would explain why you are asking for Biblical questions from those who don't believe the Bible.