Switching seats of chairs ?

I want to interchange the seats of 2 chairs. The problem is the screw holes are 8.5cm X 8.5cm on one and 10cm x 10cm on the other. There are four screws in a square configuration. Any suggestions of how to do this without drilling into the seat? Do you think an adapter plate would work? Any tips on how to do this effectively? Thank you!

Attachment image

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Bolt the seat stem to a six inch square of half inch plywood  Using countersunk machine screws and nuts, then fix that to the other seat. Paint it black, if you like, but nobody will ever see it.

    The alternative would be to change the seat posts and retain the fixing bush to the seat pads, but that would depend on the diameter of the posts being similar.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.