Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What is your favorite kind of bread to make sandwhiches with ?

I love brioche bread so much more then regular bread but it’s expensive 

I like to use ciabatta bread especially if it's nice and fresh! :)

• John P

Wholemeal bread with various grains dusted on it before cooking. It is the only sort of bread I have at home. I use it for sandwiches, toast, everything.

• garry

rice bread . Its not as fattening as flour based bread and no sugar .

today i brought a sourdough breadstick.

wheat bread.......................

does bagel count? lol I love it for breakfast sandwiches, simple sandwiches (ex. just cream cheese), basically anything because it tastes good hot or cold. I also like sourdough bread. but more for hot sandwiches. 

I only eat whole grain breads and will opt for a whole wheat sourdough if it's available, otherwise whatever whole wheat or whole grain bread, so long as it is ALL whole grains.

I only buy two breads, Trader Joes Paine Pauline, which is a ... version of the original Paine Pascal.  When the maker of Paine Pascal stopped making breads for Trader Joes I didn't eat bread for a couple of years til another vendor finally got close to it with Paine Pauline.  It's a whole wheat country type bread, not sure if it's sourdough or not.  The other bread I buy is from a local bakery called Beckmans and is a German Farm Bread. That and the Paine Pauline are very similar.

I have to admit Trader Joes was sampling their brioche bread grilled one day, I think it was as a grilled cheese sandwich.  My local Trader Joes actually gives very generous samples, about the size of a small bites plate which is nice when you enter the store hungry.  Many of my favorite foods were discovered by sampling at Trader Joes.  Anyway, that brioche bread WAS incredible, but sadly made with white flour.

White flour gets into your system as glucose as fast as sugar does, so eating white flour, from your bodies standpoint, is just like eating white sugar.  REALLY bad for you.  

Sourdough bread is different than regular bread, so long as its REAL sourdough made with sourdough starter that contains the natural wild bacteria and fungi that sourdough is famous for.  The wild bacteria and fungi in sourdough have partially digested the gluten so some folks with a gluten sensitivity can eat sourdough bread but not other wheat breads.  I have a friend who is very gluten sensitive and she can eat sourdough, if she eats other gluten products she gets sick about three days later.  Took her many years and keeping a precise food diary to figure out what was going on.  But she can eat sourdough.  We have breakfast together every week and had discussed it many times.  Then one day I was reading (some book, I forget, I read a LOT) and ran across information about sourdough having partially digested gluten so was excited to share that information with her.

• denise

I like Kaiser rolls,  Wholemeal bread,  Ciabatta rolls.

my favorite bread Brioches & Challahs...

Brioche is pretty easy to make..

But it depends on the type of sandwich I am going to make as to the type of bread I will use.

I will for one sandwich use a crusty French baguette (hard salami, red peppers, provolone cheese..)

For another I like an Apple Bread (that one has turkey, ham, Gouda cheese, cranberry mayo and sliced apples)

Grilled cheese sandwich...Potato bread or English Muffin bread.

So it all depends on the sandwich fillings....