Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

How comes every website I go on it askes me about cookies ?

is there a way to stop it asking me about cookies on every single webpage i go on?!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

A cookie is a file that has information about your account on the web site that is stored on your computer.  Because they are putting this on your computer (invading your privacy) by law they have to have your permission.  That is why every sites HAS to ask.  If they do not, they leave themselves open to major paw suites.  

There is a setting that will allow you to automatically reject all cookies.  But that will also limit what you can on many web sites.  There is not a setting that will allow you to automatically accept all cookies because that would leave your computer wide up to every hacker and ID thief in the world to put anything they wanted to on your computer.

You do NOT want to have your computer automatically accept cookies without asking.

• 1 month ago

In short, it means companies need to get your explicit consent to collect your data. If a cookie can identify you via your device (which most cookies do), then companies need your consent. That's why you're now seeing lots of websites asking for your permission before dumping a cookie on your computer.

Source(s): In short, it means companies need to get your explicit consent to collect your data. If a cookie can identify you via your device (which most cookies do), then companies need your consent. That's why you're now seeing lots of websites asking for your permission before dumping a cookie on your computer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

i get that a bit. I just agree then go on

• bill
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Disable your security system cookies option.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because they're hungry.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

it is up to a website to decide how it codes its page. you should complain to the sites.

some of them do it to comply with GDPR. so complain to the British gov.

• 1 month ago

Google GDPR Cookies and you will have your answer. 

• If the site can be accessed from the EU, you have to agree to the use of cookies.  Once you've agreed, the notice shouldn't come up on that site again unless they change their privacy policy.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.