Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

What should I do?

I recently updated my will.  I was discussing it with my sister who told me that she does not want to be in the same will with my brother because of his ignoring behaviors. She continued to say that she does not want me to cut him off but she said that I can not include her.  I am very upset with this conversation for obvious reasons. What should I do?  Is there anyway I can separate them in my will so that they dont have to interact with each other?

• J

I’d tell your sister to shove it. If you die, she should be more concerned about what your wishes are than keeping up some petty fight with your brother. She’s being incredibly selfish to expect you to rewrite your will so she doesn’t have to speak to your brother. The good thing is you won’t have to deal with the drama because you’ll be dead. If she wants to be a bratty baby, just leave her out of the will entirely. 

thats up to you how you want to do it

You need to shut up about your will, leave it as it is. Its your will, not hers. together or not on the same will, still has the same results, I never heard of separate wills, I do not even know how it can even be done.

You could always cough up whatever her inheritance would be right now, and then go on with your life if it bothers you so much.

Your sister sounds a bit childish

• dman63

That’s petty and stupid.  Whatever issues she has with your brother, she doesn’t get to tell you how to set up YOUR will.  Tell her to mind her own business.