HELP - my boss wants me to fudge numbers?

I am being asked to fudge numbers at work.  What do I do?  My manager doesn't care. 

• Favourite answer

Your manager is asking you to break the law (fraud is fraud).  Have the "I'm not comfortable doing this because it's fraud" conversation.  Plus, if your manager is willing to do this and wants you in on it, there's no telling what else your manager is willing to do.

Ask him if he wants peanut butter or chocolate.

Don't even think about it. Depending on the numbers you are falsifying, you could be criminally charged... fraud, etc.

• John

You need to start looking for another job.  You can be sure that if the false amounts are discovered, your superiors will put the blame fully on you.

• Rick

could you get in legal trouble if caught ???   Might tell him he HAS to put that in writing to cover YOUR BUTT !!!!