Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

I find my friends boyfriend gross?

Hey so my best friend and roommate has had a long distance boyfriend for several years now who I’d briefly met a few times but just recently he stayed in our apartment for a week and a half. I understand that they don’t get to see each other as much, but she completely ditched me when he was here and since I was around him more, I realized he’s super weird and pretty gross looking. Now that he’s left, I feel super weird around her, especially talking about dating and sex bc when I think about her with him it literally disgusts me and I try to steer the topic away. I felt super uncomfortable when he was here and was acting really distant and I don’t know if she noticed but I feel super weird around her now. Should I mention it or how should I get over it?

Well, first of all, if they don't get to see each other that often, then why would she include you in the things they are doing when he's visiting? And what do you care? You don't like him anyway. it's typical behavior to focus on a boyfriend if he comes to visit.

I'm also not sure why you're so involved with her and her relationship. This indicates you actually have no life. You have nothing to "get over"

• J

You should mind your own business. Her relationship doesn’t concern you. Unless he’s beating her or something, you have no business interfering. So what if you think he’s gross. She obviously likes him. So just be glad he’s not around all the time and get on with your life. Why would you still be acting weird around her even though he’s gone?

• Jill

However you feel about your friend's relationship is not her problem to fix. 

You need to get over it or get another roommate.  

I suggest you get over it. He may be gross, but it's not like you have to touch him. And it's not like she is with an alien, he's a human being. Not much you can do about it. Count it as something strange and then move on.