I'm crushing on one one of my best and newest friends, what should I do?

For the first time in my short life (I'm thirteen) I have a friend who i have a lot in common with, who I get along with really well, and who actually texts me back. Oh and I'm crushing on her. I think she likes me back, but I'm not sure. On the one hand if I tell her and she likes me back, that would be great, or she could not like me and we're either still "friends", or I lose the only friend who I actually get along with. On the other hand, If I don't tell her we remain friends and any chance of us starting something is gone, but I still have at least one strong friendship in my life. we're also going to different high schools, so this year is really my last chance. What I should do?

Next time you see her, ask her what she would say if you kissed her. I was in the same boat as you and did that to my first girlfriend, she answered me with I don't know. why don't you try it and find out.