Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

I am really poor, smelly and mentally ill. I am not suitable or welcome to attend church. Will God still let me into Heaven?

Yes of course.  You seem to ask this question a lot.

• Paul

The one Church Jesus Christ founded, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth, accepts all of God's beloved children, including you.

Of course you are suitable and welcome to attend church.  The church is not for the righteous but for those who need to be saved.  It's a hospital for sick souls.  Don't stay away.  Go to your nearest Pentecostal Church.  They will help you.  In the meantime, Cry out to God.  Just say, "Dear heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner, and I am coming to ask you to forgive all my sins through Jesus Christ your Son who died on the Cross for me at Calvary.  I want to be saved for all eternity.  Please help me and give me your peace and the joy of your salvation. Amen,"    Jesus said, "Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man hears my voice and opens up the door, I will come into him and will sup with him and he with Me" - That's in Revelation 3:20 in the Bible.  Do you have a Bible?  If not, ask the Church to give you one.

God loves all his children. He’ll let you into you into heaven if you believe in Him and Jesus Christ.

• Doug

Going to church won't get you to heaven; neither will getting baptized, giving money, or any other works. The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Ronald

He'll probably chuck you into Purgatory for a while..maybe a century or two, to get rid of the stench before letting you in..

According to the theology of the church in which I grew up, persons are innocents until they reach the "age of accountability". Roughly, that means they realize they are a sinner and have shame for it.  Someone in your troll-contrived situation could never reach that accountably, so y'all come on in.

listen, i'm not a churchgoer or religious by any means, but i don't think god will deny you a place in heaven for being poor, mentally ill or smelly. that would be very messed up.

:(

the church is in the wrong for turning you down for such superficial things. if you're in need and your church tells you you're unwelcome for it, then you need to find a different church.

It has nothing to do with poverty of mental illness. Our progress depends on how we live our lives.

If you are or become a born again Christian.

John 3:3 KJV — Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:7 KJV — Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.