If my girlfriend is upset because I made plans to go to my best friends wedding instead of going out where she wanted. Who's wrong?

This weekend my best friend invited me to go to his wedding and invited me and my family to be the first ones there, and this weekend my family has plans because my brother is flying down from out of state for my best friends wedding. My girlfriend wanted to meet at the beach instead, I told her that it'll have to the following weekend because I made plans ahead of time with my best friend and family because I feel I should be at my best friends wedding to show him I support him and be there for his big day. It didn't look like she took it well. 

Too bad for her then. Of course it's not "Wrong" to go to your friend's wedding instead of a weekend at the beach with your girlfriend. The wedding can't be postponed or repeated and, if she's a good girlfriend, the beach trip can. 

A wiseman once said “Bros before Hoes”.

Not saying she is a hoe but you get my point.

She is wrong, and she is trying to run your life, think real hard about being with her at all.

• Jim

Tell your gf you can go to the beach anytime. Your best friend will (hopefully) only get married once.

If she gets more than just a little bummed then she is being selfish. You can go to the beach anytime (pending you live in a state near one), but a wedding is, hopefully, a one time occurrence. Being there for your best friend takes priority and even if it was just to hang out, you made the plan with them before hand anyhow. I was always taught that whoever you committed to first (unless it is a dire emergency) is the one who gets your time. 

A wedding is a one time thing.  It has a set date and time to happen.

A day at the beach can happen anytime.

She is being petty and childish if she has a problem with this.  

• Jerry

Why does somebody have to be wrong. You won't be meeting her at the beach this weekend as she had hoped. She didn't like that. You call her soon to make plans for next weekend. No "wrong" about it unless you're a drama llama.