Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

My car was burglarized while I’m on vacation, how do I get it towed to repair shop without being there?

The police called me and said my vehicle was damaged and burglarized while I’m on vacation. I’m not going to be back for two weeks. How can I have it towed to a repair shop without physically being there? The window is broken and I don’t want water damage from rain etc 

If you have it towed to a repair shop they will charge you for storage.  Have it towed to your house then when you get home you can decide what to do. 

Get your insurance agent to take action on this. Do not have the police tow the car because their contracted tow service will charge for it and possibly put the car somewhere that charges daily storage.

First, call a trusted person to look at your car and verify it is damaged and the call wasn't a scam.

• Robert

Call your insurance company and they can help you make those arrangements through their accessors in that area

Call your local PD (or local state police Barracks) and explain to them you are away, and have it impounded to a safe place