Would it be the same if I get an education from a Community College rather than university? ?

10 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    Sure, you can get your community college degree and take those credits to transfer over. 

  • Peter
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

    Attending a community college for two years and then transferring to a 4 year college is the most economical way of earning a BS.

  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    No, it would not. That is not to say that you cannot find interesting and financially valuable courses of study in Community College, or that there are no University courses that are a waste of time and money.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Having a degree guarantees nothing. 

    In general, unless you have a degree from either an Ivy League university (good) or a diploma mill (bad) it doesn't matter WHERE the degree is from. And unless the degree is in a specialized field like "computers" or "accounting" or "nursing" etc, then it diesn't matter WHAT its in.   

    Sure, you can teach with a 4 year degree in English Lit, but the job pays less than being a electrician or plumber or a trashman or Uber driver.  And none of those require a degree. 

    What occupational field are you pursuing? 

    Have you asked people that work in that field what they have? 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • df
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

    Community colleges usually only offer associates degree 

  • 1 month ago

    No. Community colleges are actually quite different from 4-year universities. While state schools may accept community college courses for general education requirements to transfer into state colleges, academics are typically more challenging at a university than at CC, even during the first two years.

    CCs are best for vocational/occupational training of 2 years or less - a great value for those not pursuing academic degrees. And they are a second change for poor performers in high school to catch up, and to prove they can handle academic education at the college level.

  • 1 month ago

    I went to university for the prestige and the learning enhancement - if your going purely for the experience and the career boost - a community college is fine - I know intelligent people who went to low status schools that had amazing careers afterwards 

  • John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    The answer is no. If you attend CC for an academic degree, an Associates degree would be the highest you could attain.  That is a 2 year degree, which would include your general education requirements and a few introductory courses in your major.  At a full college, you would earn a 4 year Bachelor degree.  With a few exceptions (such as nursing), one needs a 4 year degree for a career level position.

    Additionally, different colleges have different levels of academic difficulty.  In general, CCs have the least challenging academics. 

  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    CC only offer Associate degrees. University offer 4 year Bachelor.  So no not the same education. 

    You can get your general education classes done at a CC, then transfer over to a university to complete a Bachelor degree.  There are Pros and Cons on that.

  • 1 month ago

    It depends on what you are going for, but here's the major difference:

    Community College-


    Good education

    You still get a degree.

    Big University-

    More expensive 

    Good education

    Looks better on your resume

    You'll rub shoulders with well to do kids with connections.

    In summary, if you are a hard worker, don't have a lot of money, and plan to carve your own path and maybe start a business one day. Go to a Community College.

    If you want to be a part of a big firm or if you are going to be a doctor, go to a university.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.