Can I buy and register a car in Oregon if I'm from California?

I'm college student in Oregon but a California resident. And with the program I am on at my university I must remain a California resident for the financial program I am in with my university. But, being a California resident, with a California driver's license, could I still buy and register a car in Oregon? Thank you.

Yes, and no.  You may purchase a car anywhere, but you can't register the car in Oregon if you don't have residency in Oregon.  You have to have a permanent address and driver's license from the same state as the one in which you register the vehicle.

If you just mean, do the registration paperwork without returning to California, then you'd need to check with either or both the Oregon and California DMVs to find out.  I'm sure there is some way for people to do that.

• drip

Yes. You can buy a car in any state. You will need to get new California license plates.  Go to the DMV for help and facts.