With COVID and a teacher shortage, is it time for a new education model for the future?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I don’t think so I think the scamdemic needs to stop we know this is overblown and it’s easy to know masks are ineffective, virtual learning does not work for every student, family, and educator, as well as the fact that COVID is not nearly as deadly or contractive as the media said it was. 

• 1 month ago

Ok, what will that model be? The problem is that it has been a long time that a new model is needed. Some schools (very few) have succeeded in implementing a new model. Most don't succeed because school are run/funded by the government (which means taxpayers). Implementing a new model takes a lot of money (which isn't easy to come by in this time of COVID). Many times the community will talk about a new model but when it comes time to pay for it the react more like "what's wrong with the current model, it worked for me." Then those passionate parents who really work for the change eventually their students graduate or move far enough along that they really don't have the passion to try to make the change happen, so we stick with the status quo. 

Please don't listen to the simple folk on the internet who say that schools can't change because of unions. This is simply not true. Teacher really do want to change and many have implemented new strategies as best they can with the resources available. Sure, there are some teacher who would resist change but this is not the majority.In simplest terms a new model takes commitment from everyone. The state, the communities, the teachers, the parents and the students. A new model needs to be driven from the top down (whether by state or district) with support from everyone. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.