are there any us high schools that teach ancient/homeric greek?

looking for names

to john p: i wouldnt consider yahoo answers to be a formal academic environment, but thats besides the matter. while formality is appreciated in any circumstance, it isnt required in every situation. i came here to get answers, not a lecture. thank you.

Not very likely, and who would keep a nationwide list of high schools that offer those specific courses?  Would you really ask your parents to move to another county, or state, just so you could study an obscure dead language?  

I guess there's no harm in it if that's your plan, but I don't think you'll find anything at the high school level.  That's usually taught in universities.

• Elaine

You would need to check with individual school boards as the offering of Classical Greek would depend on the number of students taking the course. 

• John P

Please, especially in an academic environment, capitals for beginnings of sentences, names, and sets of initials, otherwise how does anybody know that 'we' are not 'us'?  I presume 'US', as in USA.  Also 'Greek'.   Probably also 'Ancient' and 'Homeric' in that context.

Why should you be exempt when most people use capitals correctly?