Nick asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Do i have to take my moms dog to the vet for this?

my moms dog has arthritis in his front paws. He jumped up on my bed so I began to cuddle with him. I guess I bent his paw to go the wrong way, and he let osut a slight squeal, but he seems fine now.

No, cause you already know the problem is arthritis.  Is the poor little feller on pain meds?  If not he maybe should be.  You could take him in to see the Vet for that.  Don't let him suffer if you can get the pain meds.

has he ever been prescribed pain killers for the arthritis

I would rather call my Vet during the day and ask than go to the emergency clinic overnight and pay the increased charges.

Tell mom to get Galliprant for her dog's arthritis.  It works like a charm.  My dog has arthritis, but after taking only her third pill she was almost back to normal without any sign of a limp.  It's a prescription drug; so mom will have to see the dog's vet...but it's worth it.