Between traditional media (i.e. TV, radio, newspaper) and social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Insta, etc.), which pushes more fake news?

I think everybody agrees that fake news is a massive problem, but where is it most common? Is there a meaningful difference in the amount or type of fake news that comes from traditional sources versus social media?

Most of them Many of us do not have or ever had facebook, twitter, insts etc. and Many of us Stopped watching MOST MAINSTREAM NEWS years ago..

Fox news lies by omission, and their prime shows are only opinion, none are investigative reporters. Radio Hosts, the same, just biased opinions. Social media is the most egregious, posting crap about "eating babies", for example. Many are still vilifying Hillary, and they should stop, because there is always some crazy person who act on it, Just like the poor guy that got his pizza parlor shot up because some idiot posted that Hillary was selling kids in the back room. People can be dumb, fvck, NUTS!

• .

Alex Jones, Info Wars and FoxNews. Is great if you're a white supremacist that like fake news.

Traditional News sources I trust are; ABC, NBC. Canadian: CTV, Globaltv CBC. United Kingdom: UK Guardian, BBC. I find that these are trusted sources of media news.

Social Media; I use FaceBook, and use the news groups, Facebook was great with updates on the COVID-19 crisis... and at the same time I can keep up with family on the same site.  

• Shilo

I would break down that "traditional media" into mainstream media and  alternative media sources which include radio personalities like Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones as well as Fox News. These are commentator-type news outlets, which do not adhere to the same standards of ethics and professionalism in journalism and reporting. Listeners do not know or care that there is a difference. 

On the other hand, social media allows for all kinds of bots and trolls (foreign and domestic) to influence the gullible. The assault overwhelmingly poisons truth and reality. Again, many readers of these posts cannot discern between true and fake news, or they don't care to discern. 

It's difficult to measure which pushes more fake news (non-traditional or social) as there is such a fine line between truth and bias.  

social media, hands down. The common person's opinion can be and is easily taken as gospel on Social media