I am thinking to start buying video games online instead of getting CDs. How will I be paying for those?

make a PayPal account. You can connect your bank to it.

Gift card, debit card, etc

I use prepaid cards, ecards are better can be used faster than you get a physical card. I have heard of people who get scammed and/or get extra charges on their cards that is like I said I use prepaid. 

• that's up to you and what methods are allowed....paypal is pretty good and pretty safe....

By cash, credit, or check.

You'd need to use a credit or debit card that directly pulls money from a US-based bank (if you are in the US.  If not, then swap out whatever country you are in).

You can't use pre-paid credit cards as they are often blocked by internet retailers.  They are meant to be used in brick-and-mortar merchant's locations.

If you need to use pre-paid funds, then you'll need to get a Steam card and apply it to your account (if you are using Steam, etc.  Again, substitute whatever store front you plan on using).

• Duck

Credit or debit card.

• You need to register a payment method with the app store.  You can use a card or PayPal