Why don’t I want friends?

Some of my friendships have ended because I’ve neglected to give people attention. It feels like a chore to me to hang out with people, and when I do I usually feel forced. And it’s not like I don’t like those people. And then when I’m by myself I sometimes wish I was hanging with friends on some adventure. Why am I like this?

Thank you all for your responses I appreciate it

you have been hurt too many times Maria.

I know how you feel, sometimes I want to get friends, sometimes I don't want any because in the past, none of my friendships have gotten far, I'm really shy and socially awkward and insecure, I'm afraid people get bored of me which is why I'm reserved, I just don't want to get friends only to talk a lot and have things in common in the beginning to then distancing themselves from me, when I text people, they take days to reply and I eventually stop talking to them. Friendships never work out for me and when I have to socialize with someone, I feel forced too, I'm not compatible with anyone sadly so I understand you.

• Carmen

Hello troubled one it could depend on many things have this been a issue always? Did anything happen to bring this on? Have you addressed this with a trusting responsible adult? Are their any medical reasons behind this possible? Are you shy person? Whatever is going on don’t give up on conquering it pray over it and keep moving forward. 

Relationships of any kind can be a chore. For some people, the chore is well worth it for the rewards received. For others, there isn't as much reward where the chore doesn't feel worth it. Introverted people in particular, often prefer to be alone with their thoughts and tend to find social situations stressful even if they are good at socializing. The best we can do is find a friend as close to the same wavelength that we are on so that it becomes less of a chore or possibly no chore at all. Friendships can be nice with someone who has your same interests and energy level.

Sounds like your stuck in your way's. But you look nice an open in your picture. Funny! No one would suspect that you would have this problem. 

Sounds like you’re feeling unmotivated. Is this in all aspects of your life - that you just don’t feel like doing it? 

Perhaps you don’t like going out and prefer to stay indoors.. maybe you should ask your friends to come to your house 

you might’ve had encountered some issues with trust in the past. like u dont want to spend time with so much input from others like unnecessary comments and remarks.

it is better alone than to be surrounded by the wrong people. like there is this saying “ i used to think i was an introvert because i liked being alone until i found out i just liked my peace and im very extroverted around ppl who bring me peace” 

some friends arent really meant for u and that’s fine because u want them low maintenance and not clingy u might just love the time to urself

it is important to find like an actual friend who would understand you and even without talking for weeks you can pick up where u left off, someone who would wish the best for u and you wouldnt feel uncomfortable around. 

It is a coping mechanism to claim to not want friends when rejected by others.  A lie you tell yourself enough times that you actually believe it to be true. But every now and then you stop lying to yourself.

• Darla

I don't want friends either. I don't need them. I am fine all by myself. 

if you want to change your life right now and start experiencing true happiness then you just begin praying to God everyday for his help in every decision of your life everyday and in every situation of your life everyday for I guarantee if you do this everyday then your life will get better, you will have more peace, you will be more successful, you will have more happiness, and all your dreams will come true that’s because when you pray to God then God will make all good things possible for you and you must not forget to read the “Holy Bible” everyday and a great place for you to start in the holy Bible is (Psalms 1) and everyday after that read a chapter in Psalms till you finish all the chapters in Psalms then after that start on (Proverbs 1) then everyday after that read a chapter in Proverbs till you finish all the chapters in Proverbs and after that read every chapter of the Holy Bible until you finish it for it will change your life in the most amazing way