Are these Halloween lights a fire hazard?

I got standard orange Halloween lights from Lowe’s and put them around my porch. I had to run part of the strand under the steps. They are concrete steps but the lights are sitting on the ground. I’m worried this might be a fire hazard. Will they get hot and cause a fire or are they okay? Thanks 

• John P

'The ground' is earth ('dirt' - USA) and thus cannot catch fire. Are the lights intended for outdoor use? If not then don't use outdoors.

Most likely, but I wouldn't put them in a pile of dry leaves.

they're fine as long as the ground isn't something like wood shavings.  modern products are LEDs and emit almost no heat

You're worried that concrete or the ground is flammable?  Well, they're not.

They are only a fire hazard if they are either malfunctioning and/or close to something flammable. At least they are not a trip hazard. As with any lights like these (and it probably says this on the packaging, don't go off and leave them on when you are not around.

Are they LEDs? They don’t generate much heat. Instead how about running an extension cord under and reconnecting