Are these Halloween lights a fire hazard?

I got standard orange Halloween lights from Lowe’s and put them around my porch. I had to run part of the strand under the steps. They are concrete steps but the lights are sitting on the ground. I’m worried this might be a fire hazard. Will they get hot and cause a fire or are they okay? Thanks 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

'The ground' is earth ('dirt' - USA) and thus cannot catch fire. Are the lights intended for outdoor use? If not then don't use outdoors.

• 1 month ago

Most likely, but I wouldn't put them in a pile of dry leaves.

• 1 month ago

they're fine as long as the ground isn't something like wood shavings.  modern products are LEDs and emit almost no heat

• 1 month ago

You're worried that concrete or the ground is flammable?  Well, they're not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They are only a fire hazard if they are either malfunctioning and/or close to something flammable. At least they are not a trip hazard. As with any lights like these (and it probably says this on the packaging, don't go off and leave them on when you are not around.

• 1 month ago

Are they LEDs? They don’t generate much heat. Instead how about running an extension cord under and reconnecting 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.