Marty asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

Pick up from Rental Agency (Safe)?

I am scheduled to have my car repaired at a body shop following a small minor bump up. However, I am driving by myself as everyone else is working  and will be getting a rental while it’s being repaired.

Someone from the rental agency is will be picking me up at the body shop in which there will be a 30 min drive to and fro. My question is should I be concerned as a female with someone picking me up and driving me to the place ? Or is it suspected to be safe ?

You're not going to get raped by a car rental agent, if that's what you were hoping.

A 30 minute drive is never safe because of the risk of car accidents.  Statistically, it is most dangerous if the driver is male and under 25, which is unlikely because rental agencies don't like for anyone under 25 to drive their cars for insurance reasons, or if the driver is over 80, which is also unlikely.

That probably wasn't what you meant.

Yes, the person who is will be picking you up is safe/

Yes, it's "suspected" (odd choice of words) to be safe.

If you are uncomfortable, request a female driver.

• GF

Why would your gender matter? Are men and women men not equals? What happened to "equality"? It goes right out the window, when women want to play the "gender card"

If you're that scared of your shadow, request a female driver.