Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 month ago

Looking for advice from women diagnosed with autism as a teen or adult?

I am a 23 year old woman and I’ve always felt like something was different about me. I’ve recently stumbled across some videos of women who were diagnosed with autism in their teens and I’ve felt like I completely relate to them. Has anyone been diagnosed in early adulthood? The women I’ve heard talk about it were diagnosed in their teens, but has anyone gone longer without a diagnosis? I am worried about even bringing it up to anyone, because I appear so neurotypical and I think I am very skilled at masking. Any advice? Has anyone been through this?

I was diagnosed with mild Autism recently, and I am past 50. And you probably feel different because you ARE different, and have a completely different mindset than the people around you do.

A friend was diagnosed with Aspergers in her late 30s or early 40s. For her, it was a relief and answered so many questions.