Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 1 month ago

so four penalties in two Games ?

Leeds vs Liverpool ....2 penalties

Leeds vs Fulham.. one penalty per team.

football is ruined and i said so years ago when this  started  with giving penalties so easily and you had to really do something bad before a penalty was awarded .

sending managers off has well is beyond belief.

• F

We get penalties given by VAR now where the ball just bounces up from 6inches away and the defender can’t do anything about it, but they are still allowing blatant pushing and holding at corner

s. Ridiculous.

The problem isn’t the rules it’s the lack of consistency from referees, One week something is a penalty the next it isn’t. Just make the rules and enforce them, I think from here on it will be better and more consistent, VAR need time, look how much it’s improved already since it’s inception. 

There will be more penalties but that’s the rules of the game, there should probably always have been more but referees were too scared because they can have such an impact on the game, so they wouldn’t give through fear and uncertainty, all VAR does is take that away and help referees decide more clearly. 

Ok boomer......

• more to the point how many were actual penaulties,  yeah don't expect me to only see what happened with pool glasses that's not me......b..virtually every pen was so so soft and not a pen in my eyes

but don't blame VAR,  blame the current interpretation of the foul rules,   i knew eventually i wasn't going to be the only one not happy about changing the physicality of the game, it's bluntly clear theyy've gone too far, and then when it's accurately interpreted as the rules dictate, VAR get's the blame..

• Ryan

Yeah definitely. I don't know the stats but the amount of penalties handed out has surely increased because of VAR now as well? The problem with VAR checks is it's perfectly fine to check an incident but they really just look for any minor reason to give a penalty. I thought the Fulham penalty yesterday was a very soft one to give as was the Leeds pen. In both situations it looked like the player new what to do to get the penalty so well done to them and at least the ref was consistent that he handed out what I believe were two soft pens but I agree with your point there. With the Lindelof incident I think it was a pen Lindelof is running around flinging his arms all over the place it was Neville's Man United bias that said that wasn't a pen. Lindelof's arm arguably blocked a shot that was goal bound it's an easy choice for the ref. Are we gonna see a time now where defenders are unwilling to make challenges in the box for fear of giving away a soft penalty now I wonder it does spoil the game a bit if we are just going to have defenders sitting off in the box not going for the challenge because minimal contact makes the opponent go down and wins a penalty. No matter how soft an attacker goes down if you put a foot wrong or give a soft push in the back you are at risk of giving away a penalty so what option do you have just let the attacker get his shot away and hope the keeper saves it!

• Petter

And this is only the beginning, it will get far worse, it's a parody. We could have three-four penalties per game. Fotball is digging it's own grave.