Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Is it worth to buy a PS5 yet seeing as some upcoming games will be cross gen? ?

The only PS5 game I'm interested is the next God of War. 

• 1 week ago

The price of consoles is outstripping PC's now so my advice would be get a PC. The games are cheaper and in 5 years you can upgrade it far cheaper than the next generation console will hit the shops at.

I wasn't aware the PS5 was already available for purchase

why dont you look at the other 10,000 times this question was asked

You should probably wait until there’s multiple games that you know you want to play. A lot of the times when a console comes out there’s a few shorter but intresting games that launch alongside it and then maybe there’s one good longer game, and if you don’t play the yearly multiplayer games then you pretty much have nothing to do for half a year or more on a new console after a couple months of you playing the initial games. So yeah I’d say it’s not worth it until at least a year goes by, and even that is stretching it because there will probably only be 6 intresting games to play after one full year passes. 

It'll not have any price drops for a few years. And I wouldn't expect a, "Pro" version until 8k 60fps becomes feasible at console prices which isn't going to happen any sooner. Maybe they'll start making larger SSDs an option sometime soon.

You have plenty of time to wait if you want and avoid the risks early adopters assume such as unforeseen hardware failures, but I don't expect those to be an issue. Really just a question of when you want to spend the money.