Are teenagers are driving on the freeway? Is it dangerous driving on freeways for teens?

When I was in the swim team in high school, one of my friends just drove on the freeway. The swim coach was upset with my friend because he was driving his car on the freeway by himself. I was convinced by my friend's driving habit. Is it dangerous for teens?

Yes, there are teenagers driving on the freeway, but not enough of them. Because it is the safest place to drive. Driving on regular streets is much more dangerous. Driving anywhere is somewhat dangerous, but driving on the freeway is less dangerous than elsewhere.  Driving somewhere else may sometimes be necessary, but should be considered only as a last resort, when it is absolutely need to go somewhere that has no buses and no freeways, because driving anywhere else is so dangerous.

Are teens legally allowed to drive on freeways in your mystery location?  You didn't say where you live, dummy.

It all depends on the persons experience driving. People that learn to drive at an older age are also nervous about driving on a freeway. Since most teens haven't been driving for very long it could be dangerous for them due to a lack of experience not so much because of their age but the amount of time spent behind the wheel of a car.

Sounds retarded.  The whole point of drivers ed is to learn how to drive. If you have a license then you can drive wherever you want to. Theres nothing dangerous about driving 70 miles an hour.