Is there any famous car which has its engine in the tail?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The most well known and best selling is the VW Beetle (it may have had different names in different countries).

• D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Thanks for reminding me of the wonderful Hillman/Sunbeam Imp. I borrowed one for most of a year when I was in college. What a fun car!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tucker Torpedo 

Porsche 

Volkswagen

• 1 month ago

Tucker, VW, Corvair, Fiat, Seat, Renault Dauphine, Simca, Porsche, and the ones I forgot that other members will list.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The original VW Beetle ( but not the two revivals), Porsche 911, original Fiat 500, abd Hillman Imp.

All these had the engine behind the rear axle, many supercars are MID engines, which is not the same. It means the engine is where the back seat would normally be.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

VW Beetle

Porsche

Corvair

Tucker.

A lot are mid engine, like Ferrari. Lambo, DeLorean, Pontiac "Fierro",    and recent Corvettes.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The original VW Beetle and the Porsche 911.

There are quite a few other lesser known vehicles which had the engine behind the rear axle but the above are arguably the 2 most widely known.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. There's more than one, in fact. You didn't ask which ones, so I'll leave you to guess or do a simple internet search for rear-engine cars

• 1 month ago

Old Volkswagens I think.  But I'm not a car person so....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.