Is there any famous car which has its engine in the tail?

The most well known and best selling is the VW Beetle (it may have had different names in different countries).

• D50

Thanks for reminding me of the wonderful Hillman/Sunbeam Imp. I borrowed one for most of a year when I was in college. What a fun car!

Tucker Torpedo 

Porsche 

Volkswagen

Tucker, VW, Corvair, Fiat, Seat, Renault Dauphine, Simca, Porsche, and the ones I forgot that other members will list.

• F

The original VW Beetle ( but not the two revivals), Porsche 911, original Fiat 500, abd Hillman Imp.

All these had the engine behind the rear axle, many supercars are MID engines, which is not the same. It means the engine is where the back seat would normally be.

VW Beetle

Porsche

Corvair

Tucker.

A lot are mid engine, like Ferrari. Lambo, DeLorean, Pontiac "Fierro",    and recent Corvettes.

• Jay P

The original VW Beetle and the Porsche 911.

There are quite a few other lesser known vehicles which had the engine behind the rear axle but the above are arguably the 2 most widely known.

Yes. There's more than one, in fact. You didn't ask which ones, so I'll leave you to guess or do a simple internet search for rear-engine cars

Old Volkswagens I think.  But I'm not a car person so....