Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why my 3 month Shih Tzu urinates randomly? ?

I have a three month Shih Tzu that I’m getting on a routine, and today I took him outside to use the bathroom. He didn’t go, so we came back inside. I fed him his lunch, and once he was done...we started playing and running around the house.  While running, he just stopped and urinated. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • funnel
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

He's just a young shih tzu that hasn't got to shitzu yet. Have fun!

• garry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

tes hes  only 3 months old after all , they all pee when they get excited .

• 1 month ago

Because it aint housetrained yet is why pleb

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because he is a puppy.  You should have taken the pup outside after he got done eating (about 10-15 mins).  No playing until he's peed or pooped.  The pup will do the random peeing for awhile yet.  Don't expect the pup to be on a schedule and mature enough to hold it till 6-9 months old or longer.  Smaller dogs need to go more frequently - so take him out every few hours.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because he is still young and hasn't gained full control over his bladder as yet..... just like a baby hasn't.  

You need to take him outside more often however,  still expect some accidents until he's older.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Firstly, you should not indulge in games like running with a pup, straight after its had a meal. That is very bad for its digestion process,

Secondly, you should take a pup outside to relieve itself AFTER its meal, not before.

Most 12 week old pups will urinate where they are if they get excited. eg:play.

Google how to toilet train a puppy, and get it right.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Pups of this age have no control over their bladder/bowels which is why you need to take it outside reguarly to go to the toilet, so the routine of toilet training is very important.......... you failed to do that which is why he toileting in the house.

The basics are after waking, after eting/drinking, after playing you take the poup outside stand silently until it toilets, then as it is toileting you say a command word, like 'clean' and praise, you  didn't take it outside after it finished eating and decided to run around and play.so learn your lesson, it was your fault, not the pups

• 1 month ago

That's most probably because you failed to take him ouitside to empty after he'd eaten.   At this age, it's all about getting a puppy outside as often as every 2 hours while awake.   And especially when he first wakes up, after a feed and after short periods of playing.   What he did was inevitable.

• 1 month ago

You feed them & let them play & then take them outside.  Your timing is off.  You can google, 'how to potty train a puppy' & get all kinds of examples of how most people do it.  Not every puppy learns the same way.  You may need to change things around.  Until he gets it right you could use a belly band made for male dogs.  google 'belly band'.  He only get praised & or given a treat when he does potty outside.  He gets nothing when he pees his band.  He will catch on.  Just be VERY consistent.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no one said potty training is easy. I had to  put plastic down on my carpet. Food reward training is very successful.Google and use youtube to get ideas. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.