Why cant lesbians adopt babies.?

I was recently told that lesbian cant adopt babys. WHY.? Its makes me so sad 😞 will they go to Jail? My brother tony is Gay ❤️ #GodBless

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Where in the world did you hear that? Of course they can adopt. Same goes for gay men. It's just many people are still unfortunately homophobic especially in places like the Middle East and Russia. There's also the possibility of a surrogate or in vitro fertilization.

• 4 months ago

There is a huge shortage of babies available for adoption. Many heterosexual married couples wait years to adopt a baby. These days if a woman is pregnant and she doesn't want the child she has the child aborted.

Many lesbian couples go for artificial insemination. There is a shortage of donor sperm, but the waiting list is nowhere near as long as the waiting list to adopt (provided they can afford private medical bills). It's even possible for one of the couple to supply the egg, while the other carries the baby in her uterus. This way they both have a biological relationship with the child.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

There are many places where a lesbian or gay man can adopt a child. It depends on the organization- if they are religious or not. 

And, NO, they won't go to jail. Stop believing everything you hear.

• 4 months ago

Maybe you was told wrong. Adoption laws vary by state. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.