Electrical Advice?

I have an ongoing project that I have been working on for the last month, I am designing a 6" Chandelier using 3D Builder and plan on having it printed. Now I also wish to electrify it using 36 LED Lights which will be connected to a knife switch that will also plug into a wall outlet which has me completely intimidated. I've never worked with wiring and am stumped as to how to connect all 36 lights without creating a giant fireball as an end result. The Chandelier will have 5 ring tiers of the 5 the 3 middle ones will be lighted. Each tier apart from the middle will have 9 lights while the middle has 18. Now I have thought about using fiber optics to simplify it and minimize the amount of lights to be used but i feel that it wont produce enough light to function as both an art piece and a desk or table lamp. I am running out of options as I have have asked many experts for help and none have returned my emails so I'm hoping someone on here might help me. It will have a main support pole which will be hollow and each ring will have 9 support poles (also hollow) for the wire to travel. The image below is the partial design the lighted features aren't part of this model.

I wanted to add more pictures but sadly it only offers one picture to be added.

Christmas lights were brought up but they are far to close together in a string of lights to wire through the arms where the lights are to be mounted. The knife witch is to go with the old world vibe i want to give it.

Not wiring it into the ceiling just want it to plug in a wall its only 6 inches 

I wont be mounting it to the ceiling It will be under a glass Cloche for either a desk lamp or table lamp its only 6 inches.

If you have any suggestions as to what components might work better please share. 

READ the specs for the LEDs you propose to use.  The usual way of connecting them is in parallel -- all the hot leads connected (together) to the hot and all the return leads connected together to the return (neutral). This means you'll have thin wires [LEDs probably don't need more than 16 gauge or even 18 gauge] from each LED in its fixture up into the central portion where they all connect.  -- grampa

Find a string of white LED Christmas tree lights and work that into the design, otherwise you are at a dead end. You can't randomly wire LED's together and plug them into 120v. A knife switch is a bad switch to use as all 120V is exposed. I hope this is just a school project or something as it won't be commercially viable until you make the design pass UL/CSA safety standards.