the Simpsons or family guy?

The Simpsons is always clean enough to watch with anyone, Family Guy can be clean but I'm not taking any risks watching with someone who would be embarrassed. I like them both but I'd only watch Family Guy on my own incase it's "one of those" episodes. Then again if you watch The Simpsons in it's very early days it was complete rubbish, it didn't get funny until it was quite old. It's a hard question, to me they are both different shows even though Family Guy has been accused of ripping off The Simpsons.

The Simpsons...

Simpsons. Just a personal opinion

The Simpsons. I could never get into Family Guy.

If I absolutely had to choose or somebody else would die; Family Guy.

Both are great though. I feel like Seth McFarlane doesn't get the credit he deserves. Yes, it can be random, but it definitely follows the same path as The Simpsons in most cases; there is an overarcing storyline, and side stories, and add random cutaways, which they address whole heartedly in the show. 

A lot of the jokes are situational, you have to get the pop culture reference to get the joke. When you understand the logic behind the joke though, it's hilarious.

The only bad thing that I can really say about Family Guy is that they have a negative outlook on character development. The first few seasons were really great, funny, and different.  They absolutely destroyed one of the main characters though; Joe Swanson. When Joe first arrived on Family Guy, the joke (and subsequently the character) was that he was a crippled guy that was better at everything. He was a cop, and a well respected one at that, and a neighbour to the Griffins. In the newer seasons, he's not much more than a cheap cripple joke, and a cop who's been reduced to "removing wieners from body cam footage", with no bullets in his gun... I'd really like to know why they did a complete 180 on this character.

The Simpson. More relatable and funnier. 

The first 8-10 seasons of Simpsons are widely regarded as some of the best sitcom work ever done.  Not best ANIMATED sitcom, best sitcom.  The seasons after that were utter garbage.

Family Guy's first couple seasons were decent, but you quickly started to realize that they had a very simple formula.  While Simpson were innovating sitcoms as a genre and telling stories with heart and interest and social satire...Family Guy was largely telling random jokes that had nothing to do with the plot or characters.  Family Guy after it returned from cancellation was unwatchable by anyone with more than two braincells to rub together.

Family Guy was so infamously uncreative that South Park took a run at them in the below clip.  When they did so, according to Matt Stone and Trey Parker, they received a gift basket from the Simpsons writers just saying "THANK YOU!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNyIhefjZUQ

Youtube thumbnail

• The Simpsons if I had to choose, at least that used to be funny back in the 90's.  Never understood Family Guy the jokes are so obvious, you can see them coming and it's schoolboy humour at best.

the Simpsons

and I rode the Simpsons ride at Universal Studios

I used to watch Simpsons and made me remember my childhood days.

Truely cute family members I used to laugh on their funny acts.