How come some people are against taking Common Sense precautions requiring wearing a mask to help slow the spread of COVID? ?

Basically because they are selfish idiots.

"bUt IT's mY riGhT."

Basically, people are against doing something small for other people, even at the cost of human life. They probably still obey nudity laws and wear pants outside though 

unawareness is the main factor but although people having information they reject all reality saying its all fake so thy avoid wearing mask some find it difficult to use mask as it is difficult to take breathe there are many factors which make public to make their own reasons to not wear mask

I will wear a mask when required but I will not wear it in the street or driving alone in my car . Why are people wearing them when they are alone in their cars or when tthey are walking along deserted streets  . 

I dunno, some people are just too stupid to understand. If they got COVID then they might learn their lesson...

And I thought humans were the world’s smartest creatures. I guess people proved me wrong.

Because they did not experience to be infected with Coronavirus, and they're lack of mind discipline. :)

• k w

cuz they are out of their bloody mind !

• JASON

Because they don't work. They make you overheat and you're constantly touching them to keep them in place, making you touch your face more than you would without them. The tests aren't accurate and are probably telling you you have had the virus rather than you have the virus, or that you have a cold.. There are contradictory rules that allow you to mix with people in some situations and not in other similar situations. We are testing more and surprisingly finding more. Yet deaths are virtually non existent. Today in the UK the health minister admitted we have had 307 deaths of people under 60 with no health conditions since February. How many of those people had health problems they weren't aware of I don't know, which would reduce this figure further.

• martin

It's because the unbridled sense of freedom inculcated in the American culture leads people to defy government rules and orders.

Some people don't see the need. The better question is: Why do some people constantly try to control others?