How can I get rid of fruit flies around my sink?

Since late August, I have been noticing a lot of tiny fruit flies around my kitchen sink.  Whenever I use the sink or counter, I wash it with hot water and soap.  A few hours later, there will be lots of tiny flies.  I don't want to use insecticide in this area because theres food and or dishes nearby.

they buzz b/c they smell fungussssesesess, your sink pipe needs the line RRRRRRRRD out

They are always--ALWAYS--present when there is rotting food somewhere. Maybe you have a piece of something that you can't see--move your stove and fridge and clean underneath. Keep any fresh fruit in the fridge or in a place they can't get to. Fruit flies take only about 5 days to lay eggs, hatch out and make more flies. They're attracted to grease, food, and any sort of oily substances--even old socks, mildewed and stinky rags or dishtowels, sponges, and leaking, molded places--so check EVERYTHING, especially under your sink. 

Degrease your cabinets and stovetop, too. And if you still have this issue, Google "vinegar traps for fruit flies" and make a couple. 

by fixing the broken pipe under the floor which is attracting them 

get a bowl of apple cider vinegar and add a small amount    of   dishwashing liquid in

the bowl  stir the bowl. let it stand over night and you will be amazed how many

of flies that  it kills.

• L

Fruit flies come from fruit - so if you have any fruit sitting out - the flies will be there too.

Do you have  a garbage pail under the sink?   There is some fruit in it.  Either put the peels in a glass jar with a screw on lid or just toss it out.  The flies can be killed quickly by using a soapy spray and that mucks them up.  They will eventually disappear as there is no more food.

They are drain flies, not fruit flies.  If you don't use the vinegar recipe below, pour PineSol, about a cup, down the rain. put in the stopper......and leave the house for several hours.  Return and flush with boiling water.  No soap doesn't work on these as soap is a fat which they thrive on. 

50% water, 48% apple cider vinegar, 2% dish soap in a cup.  Saran wrap over the top and poke a few holes in wrap with a pencil.  Put near sink and those suckers will drown.

Apple cider vinegar and little bit of dish soap. Put apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Add a little bit of soap make sure it is not a strong fragrance soap. The apple cider vinegar smell attracts the fruit flys the soap makes the mix sticky so they get stuck and sink to the bottom and drown.

They're most likely drain flies, not fruit flies.  If you have a garbage disposer clean it properly.  There are many online tutorials, don't lose any fingers!  If you don't have a disposer use the kind of drain cleaner that sticks to the sides of the pipes.  Don't forget the overflow too, they can breed in there too.