plastic shed base question?

Right now i have slabs can i build a plastic shed directly on it? 

Or do i need to buy a plastic shed base put it ontop of the slabs and then the shed ontop of it

Or other options. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

yes you can and make sure it is screwed down to the concrete 

• 1 month ago

I would put a frame of treated 2x6 on top of the slabs with a sheet of treated 1 inch treated plywood on top of that, and then the shed, so it is off the ground and the floor stays dry. 

• 1 month ago

You will be better off getting the base for it.. YOUR CONCRETE is not level and you are going to have water leaking all around under it.. Best would be to build a wood frame shed on it as the PLASTIC is not going to last more than a couple years.. 

'

You can build one cheaper than the plastic one costed and it will last even longer if you use good materials for it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you can put a plastic shed on top of your slab, just as well as you can put a metal Arrow shed on top of a slab.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You can put a plastic shed directly on bare ground. If any base helps at all, it will be by providing a flat, level surface.

• 1 month ago

you can do ..but water will run underneath and into shed when it rains ..ideally build it on a plinth ..a course of engineering quality bricks ..flaunch it to stop rain ..and as others say ...a plastic shed is light ...very easy to blow away ...i built a brick garage a few years back .fitted the roof ..but not garage door ...a gust of wind hit it and blew it off the damp course 

• 1 month ago

what are "slabs"?  sounds like you mean pavers of some sort.  and yes -- the shed can go directly atop those.

• 1 month ago

Do the instructions show what bases are acceptable? I would think it could go directly on a slap however.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can use the base but you need to fix it so the wind cant lift it and blow it away , 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.