Can an unplugged cord cause a fire?
What if the cord is frayed? Thanks
- John PLv 71 month ago
If a cord is not connected to the mains electricity, it cannot cause a fire. A frayed cord does pose a risk when it is plugged in.
- 1 month ago
Lucy you got some Splaining to do
- elhighLv 71 month ago
Unplugged? Of course not.
- Spock (rhp)Lv 71 month ago
if it isn't plugged into a mains outlet, no, it can't cause a fire. and replace frayed cords
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- DroopyLv 51 month ago
nope could be fuel but not cause unless you unplugged it because it was overheating then possibly
- Anonymous1 month ago
If it is not plugged in, it could not give rise to an electrical fire, unless it was already burning before it was unplugged, even that seems highly unlikely. A frayed cord is more likely to cause electrocution and should be replaced.
- M JohnsonLv 61 month ago
If so, the Goodwill store in every town would be on fire.