Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

Do you think it would be worth it to get a tattoo if you have to cover it up for work?

Update:

I don’t mean would it be worth it even though people at work couldn’t see it, who gives a **** about them. I just mean do you personally think it would be worth it to get a tattoo on say your forearm, knowing that your work requires that you cover it. Meaning you would have put on a sleeve every morning and take it off every afternoon and YOU would not be able to see it for that unfortunately large part of your life that work can occupy.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I already cover some of my tattoos for work, so it wouldn't be any different covering another one.  

I wouldn't get the tattoo on my forearm though, because I don't like long sleeves like that when I'm at work.  I would get it in a different area.  

• Still worth it. You only have to keep it covered when you're at work, not every one likes to see tattoos while they're working. When you're not at work you can show it off. 

My work place allows tattoos to be visible, my job is casual.

• 1 month ago

I wouldn't want the stress of having to cover it up every day. But that's just me.

I'm getting a tattoo over the weekend. Just a small, one-word design on my upper arm. I'm not concerned about my employer throwing a fuss over it. They won't even know what it means since it's in another language.

• 1 month ago

if you want one then get one, its not like you cant show it off out of work

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Get a tattoo for yourself. Not so you can just walk about going 'look at this' 

Tbh most people have them covered up while at work anyway. I have both arms and legs tattooed but I'm.not bothered covering them. I do have a job that accepts tattoos but generally cover them anyways.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. For me, at first covering it up would't seem much of an effort. However, day after day, month after month, having to do it whether I felt like crap or overslept or was running late wouldn't be worth it. 

• 1 month ago

tattoos are usually more for yourself and not other people. also im sure you go out besides work

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.