Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 5 months ago

Do you feel comfortable going to a sports event? ?

I'm planning to go to some soccer games (Sporting KC) but should I be worried. They have mask mandates, social distancing, temperature checks, and more in place but would you feel comfortable going to a game.

As some communities in the United States re-start sporting events, CDC offers the following considerations for ways in which people who go to a sporting event can slow the spread of COVID-19. These considerations are meant to supplement – not replace – any state, tribal, local, or territorial health and safety laws, rules, and regulations with which the public must comply.

Why not, no problem at all

No, not at all.  The ferocity with which my fav teams seem determined to lose*, even after dominating a game for 90% of its duration, makes me very uncomfortable.  I will not be investing significant time or money supporting them.  More fun to go play in the park with the homies.

*MN Vikings.  Last night.  Dude.  Twins also, every freaking October.  What's that all about.  What is that all about.

If the seats are soft enough, then yes I do.

No, I wouldn't feel comfortable going this year.

No, I don't feet safe going to any public gathering yet. There are still way too many people who don't mask properly (their noses are out, they take it off to talk, like that), who don't wash their hands long enough, who don't social distance. If alcohol is served at a venue, that makes it even less likely everyone will take the necessary precautions.

It's a risk I'm not willing to take.

• Will

No. If it weren't for the fact that Americans have demonstrated how spoiled they are and bear a complete disregard for rules, safety, and common sense I would feel safe going to crowded settings of 100+ people or other settings such as casinos. 

A situation like this is a perfect example of when you should not trust anyone. And I will continue to not trust anyone until there is solid proof it has been eradicated.

• Rick

didn't go before, why should I start now ???