Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Is Crohn’s disease bad?

Update:

My sister has it and I hate her so I want her to really suffer with it. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Well, no disease is awesome. However, even the common progressive ones that can eventually lead to death like heart failure, COPD, & M.S., have doctors who manage the person's symptoms and prolong their lives. This means many can still enjoy life and just keep regular doctor's appointments for monitoring and adjustments to care, take medications, or have surgery. Crohn's can be uncomfortable, being it impacts the digestive system with inflammation, yet treatments exist and some people have non symptoms at all and many due not get complications that lead to death. 

So, it is manageable. And it is not a death sentence. 

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

why not send her to [ NOTMILK dot com ] and read all the stuff related to Crohns.....

• 1 month ago

Nobody wants it.  People die from it.  

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes                                   .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Crohn's disease is a inflamation of the bowel and digestive tract.

It can lead to abdominal pains, severe diarrhea, fatigue, malnutrition and weight loss.

Crohn's disease is 'in itself' not usually life threatening .. BUT it can cause serious or even fatal 'complications', such as an obstructed bowel.

There is (currently) no 'cure' for Crohn's disease .. but the 'symptoms' can be treated as as when they happen.

• 1 month ago

It can be, depending on what  you mean by "Bad".  It can be very unpleasant, and it can lead to other problems like infections because of the incorrect processing of food in the gut system. It isn't usually fatal, if that is what you mean by bad.  It can be if it becomes such a problem that you cannot eat properly or at all. My sister went through a few years of real difficulties while they tried to find something that would help her with Crohn's.  That was 20 years ago and she has been fine ever since they found a good medical treatment for her problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.