Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 2 months ago

Am I Justified In Being Angry About My Friend’s Tattoo?

Just a few months ago, I finally got the tattoo that I have been wanting for four years now. To make a long story short, I went through a difficult time and suffered a lot of losses that lead me to seriously contemplate and even attempt suicide once. However, I pushed through and overcame that, and now I am no longer suicidal. So I wanted to get a tattoo of a butterfly, because butterflies are symbolic of life and change which I thought fit my situation. I had a friend help me design it so that it is it’s own unique design, with a significant date under it. Ever since I showed that tattoo to my other friend, she’s been obsessed with getting a butterfly tattoo. Of course mine is a unique design and she isn’t copying it, she just found some picture on the internet, but it does look similar. It has a quote underneath it about being strong where my date was. She has several tattoos and has referenced wanting others before, but never a butterfly until I showed her mine. I realize it isn’t the same direct design as mine and is just a picture off the internet, but I still feel annoyed about it. I told her the meaning behind it so why doesn’t she respect that? Am I getting peeved over nothing?

I got a Queen of Hearts tattoo, in honor of my Grandma. It's an inside joke between us. It was also because I came out of a horrible chapter of my life. My boss at work came up to me and told me how she was planning on getting one too after seeing mine. I encourage her. Because that's what real women do. We fix other people's crowns. Butterflies, Queens, flowers, etc are common tattoos. Everyone has their own meanings behid their body work. You have no right to make her feel bad about this.

You don't own the rights to tattoo designs. If your friend wants a similar tattoo she can get one. 

Personally I would rather be proud of the way she looks up to me than the way she's looking forward to getting a tattoo similar to mine than mocking the way she is treating me. You can ve mean about it or turn the other cheek and be a better person. You choose who you want to be every day and regardless of whether or not you want to be an *** or be nice is totally up to you. 

It's none of your business what your friend chooses to have inked on her body and it has nothing to do with you.

The ink will be with you for the rest of your life, in a few years you wont be able to remember your "friends" name. Dont worry about it...

no           .

Honestly up to you. It's can be a nuisance but at the same time, is there anything you can do? Just depends on how much of a friend they are. 

If it's been copied from the internet - a professional artist should not tattoo it. It can give an artist a bad rep and the photo could be licensed which means the artist and your friend could be sued. 

But be more occupied about your life tho. You've overcame a serious thing in your life and think about that and be proud of that.  

It is not nothing and I do understand why you are upset. That said, the meaning yours has to you and the meaning if any hers has to her are not related. You may even consider it flattering that she would do something so permanent on her body inspired by you. Obviously there is no ill intent (not being done to hurt you).

she is rude and doesn`t care about you, just herself and what she wants. or  she is complimenting you in taking something that is important to you and sharing it on herself as a reminder of how strong you are. Pick one and either be mad or not

Make sure the tattoo artist gives her a tattoo of a log of doodie instead.