Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

What do you think is better for building confidence? Boxing or weight lifting?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 days ago

My opinion weighifting slows you down.

• 1 month ago

What you're asking is very difficult to answer. They both make you confident in different areas. If your goal is to be more confident in regards to defending yourself and being more aggressive, then definitely boxing. 

If you're talking about confidence in terms of personal appearance and a strong posture as well as your masculinity, then definitely bodybuilding.

Let's be clear that boxing and bodybuilding both apply to your masculine image, but in very different ways.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Boxing. Weight lifting isn't as intense as boxing. In boxing, you need to show your aggression, speed and power whereas weight lifting doesn't requires aggression.

• 2 months ago

Boxing, it's not even close either.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

A lot depends on what kind of "confidence" you want to build and how much effort you're willing to put into each.

If you're image conscious, weightlifting can give you a good physique...but it takes a good amount of effort, discipline and willpower to get there and maintain it.  If you're socially shy or fear conflict, boxing can definitely address that, but again you have to be willing to put in the time.

The 'catch' here, of course, is that you have to some measure of confidence in yourself beforehand to stick with the rigors of each.  That's where good training and peer support comes in. Therefore, I think it's more important to find something challenging that you will also enjoy and get yourself a good trainer that knows how to support and push you.

• 2 months ago

It depends on the person but we now know that sports like boxing can have a really bad effect on a person's brain from being hit. Even blows that do not knock you out can damage the brain. Because of that I would recommend weight lifting.You don't have to lift for show but for strength. That is a better choice

• 2 months ago

Boxing for sure. Many weight lifters are all show. Look big, but wouldn't dare use it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.