As an adult, do you miss school?

I'm in my 50s, but sometimes I wish I could go back to school and learn new stuff and do assignments.

Part of that is because back in high school and college, personal computers were non-existent or not very functional.  Few had any sort of word processor and printer.  So assignments had to be written out with pen and paper or typed on a typewriter where changes were difficult to make and typos a pain to correct.

I'd love to be able to do those same assignments, but with modern computers to see how much easier it would be.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I don't MISS school but would welcome the opportunity experience school again with my present knowledge and attitude. I would suck up every bit of knowledge and insight that was available.

I didn't enjoy school and certainly didn't make the best of the good education that was available to me. It is only since leaving school that I have come to understand HOW to learn and the pleasure of expanding my knowledge and ability.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes and No, like everything has pros and cons school and its memories are also like that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yea i do a lot, its sad

• 1 month ago

I would like to re do my life. There is so many things I wish I could change 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I miss elementary school. middle and high school not so much 

• 2 months ago

no. It is better to have freedom.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I hate high grade school the teacher picked on me Fred you thought the other student said a good joke go set in the corner for one hour torture! the students picked on me tell the teacher teacher looks in other students eyes! Then says Ok every one set down? That never stops him her from picking on me

• Guber
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I miss the girls.  

• 2 months ago

Not a bit. I didn't like school. Going back for any school at all has never appealed to me. And I've learned lots of new stuff anyway.

• 2 months ago

Yes, I’m 25 and I find myself missing high school quite often. Those really were the best years. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.