Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 2 months ago

Do you think the "situation" with China's Uighurs is actually as serious as some people say, or is it just propaganda by the West and India?

• John P

The documentaries which I have seen on TV in Britain suggest much repression of the Uighurs.

I  have a friend in China, who told me about a Uighur friend of hers, and the difficulties she has had.  My friend is a Mongol, living in Nei Mongol (a province of China), and Mongols have had their own problems in China.

So, it isn't just the West - the Chinese themselves are reporting it.

• yodi

LOL at never again. Trump hasn't the balls to boycott  China

A million Islamic Uighurs are enslaved in Chinese detention camps, along with many nationalities (including US citizens).  Trump is doing little to fix this.  Russia sent military aide to fend off US aircraft carriers threating action against Chinese forces that prematurely captured Hong Kong (was British owned) and Taiwan, and the China Sea.  China had blockaded other nation's ships from the China Sea, disrupting trade with satellite nations.  In response to US military crafts, China launched (but intentionally missed) with mach 10 ship killer missiles.  War seems iminent and the US (geared to fight Iraqi citizens with helicopters) is no match for fast, accurate, and powerful Chinese nukes.  The US should surrender now.  Also, the US would have to ask China for supplies during the war, because China makes virtually everything in the US (including US military weaponry).

• ?

China has rounded up millions, put them in camps, and the lucky ones. Are forced into slave labor.  Yes it is wrong and as bad as it seems to be.

• ..

It is every bit as bad as reported. Some filming has been taken from the inside, to back up reports.

Are you kidding? It's not propaganda. It's been going on for years and the West barely talks about it.

• a2yar

It is china's problem.

China are killers, I would think they would be doing biological weapons testing on them or something like that, testing sterilization drugs. 

• TB12

Given China's propensity to conceal and downplay these sort of things I would have to say their situation is probably far worse than we're being told.