If a kid is being bullied in school ? ?

If a kid is being bullied & being verbally abused for  the entire school year  should the Parent of the kid who’s being bullied be responsible for it & be responsible for them keeping Their kid in the school  for the entire year 

• You've gotten great advice from other parents. I would for sure teach your child how to box, get him some lessons. Growing up, I learned that adults don't always protect me so I have to learn to protect myself. Karate is not the way to go but boxing is. Teach him how to defend himself. Tell your child, to spread the word that there will be a fight after school and handle it on the playground, all the kids will see this and learn to lay off your child. He's got to earn their respect. 

I’m not sure about the laws governing such a question but having experiences with bullying and raising children in this world, I do have those experiences. I wanted to share an article with you that you may find helpful. I thought it was a good article for parents in giving them direction on the subject, and it’s free. Hope you are able to benefit from this info and hope that the bullying stops for your child. Have a wonderful day! :o)

The article is entitled:

What if my child is being bullied?

The link to it is below;

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=5020193...

I wouldn't wait a whole school year to address the situation. Parents dont realize how much they can change things by going to the school, volunteering, being involved.

As a parent i would talk with teacher...i would would start volunteering in class on the playground.

Id talk to those children specifically on my own time...

I would talk with the principal and with the teacher and if the principal didnt do something I'd go to the school district and talk to the superintendent about how ineffective the 2 other professionals are not taking care of the issue.

I'd write an editorial to local paper, talk about the issue

I'd inform other parents about the lack of concern with upper administration. 

It might take me 3 months but, id take care of the issue...lastly I'd talk with the parents of those chikdren and express some concern

Let him be home schooled. That will end the era. No kid should have to go through that like forever and a day. Other than that, try transfer him out. Nothing else really works and he will be miserable. Bullies rarely quit unless he decides to fight back. It's not even worth it to fight back though because kids can be really vicious. He doesn't have to be at that school. 

• n2mama

My son was bullied for several years, and it wasn’t just verbal, it crossed over into physical. My husband and I had numerous meetings with the school, from teachers to administrators all the way up to the superintendent after a physical altercation occurred. We actually considered moving to a different district just to get him out of the situation (after assuring the school that if that became necessary we would be taking it to the media and the courts for their failure to enforce their “zero tolerance” bullying policy). We also had given our son the instruction that he was free to defend himself in any way necessary (he does have a black belt in karate and his training actually prevented him from fighting back), and that if any kid laid a hand on him, we would be filing a police report.

Then corona hit and everything switched to remote learning. We don’t know when he will go back to in person school, or what the situation will be then, but we are absolutely prepared to protect and defend him in any and all ways necessary.

• edward

I would like to talk to the parent of the bully...see what’s going on there

Why would the parents of the bullied child be at fault?  The school is supposed to handle it.

• Merry

Bullying is a serious issue that BOTH the school and the family must address & take seriously. 

Legally a child under the age of 16 must be enrolled in a education program - they do not have to attend a traditional school but the family do need to show that the child is receiving education that's appropriate for the child's age & stage of development (eg Home schooling) 

If the child is attending a school that school has a duty of care to the child's physical and emotional welfare. 

Everyone (parents & school) had a legal & moral obligation to the child being bullied. 

The parents legally have to have their child enrolled in school. I would hold the school more responsible than the parents. I was bullied for years, but it wasn't my parents' fault.

Teachers should be held responsible for being useless wastes of space.